Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Review: Avoiding Temptation by K.A. Linde

The Avoiding series was one of the first series that I read that was filled with angst and drama around every corner. The story of Lexi and Jack's past gave me chills and pissed me off to no end, but I couldn't get enough of it! I've been anxiously awaiting the final installment in the Avoiding series and K.A. Linde did not disappoint!


Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding #3) by K.A. Linde
Genre: Contemporary Romance✦ Cover By: Okay Creations✦ Photo By: Toski Covey Photography
Two years after walking out of Jack’s wedding, Lexi has finally put her past behind her. She has made up her mind about where her life is headed. This time, she is sticking to her guns, no matter what.

That is, until a phone call shatters the fragile grasp she has on her new life. Lexi is forced to question everything she thought she knew about what she wanted, and life-changing events push her to reevaluate the very plans she holds so dear. Nevertheless, Lexi has to choose her true path. That might just mean deciding, once and for all, that she doesn’t have to answer to anyone but herself.

In this highly anticipated final installment of the bestselling Avoiding series, follow Lexi as she juggles a new career, a new city, and the burgeoning affections of three very different men.

Here's the break down of my "feels" regarding Avoiding Temptation.

1. THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS. She ended up with my guy AND (most importantly) he deserved it!

2. I'm proud of Lexi damn it. She has grown and realized that SHE is the only one who can truly control her fate. I loved loved LOVED the character development that she went through and I whole heartily believe that K.A. Linde did our girl Lex justice.

3. I'm also proud of Jack. He essentially grew up and put his money where his mouth is. Bravo love, you finally lived up to being the person that I knew you could be.

4. To the guy who didn't win our girl's heart, all is not lost. I'm thankful that he was in her life and helped her find her way to her true self. Yeah he had his share of hang ups and I never "clicked" with him BUT he was an extremely important person in Lexi's life and is exactly what she needed at one point in her life.

5. Karma is a bitch! Ain't that right Bekah ;)

To say that I was pleased with the ending of this series would be an understatement. I loved it. So, so much and while I'm sad to see it go, I'm very happy that everything came full circle and Lexi got the HEA that she deserved.

I'm also beyond stoked for "All that Glitters" which we get a preview of at the end of AT. Holy shit. That book is going to be crazy hot!!! Can't wait!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment