Monday, January 20, 2014

Review: Mine (Real #2) by Katy Evans

You can find my review of the first book in this series, REAL, here.

Amazon ✦ B&N  Itunes
He's mine, and I'm his. Our love is all-consuming, powerful,
imperfect, and real...


In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Riptide" Tate as vital as the air he breathes... and now he can't live without her.

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, she is torn away from his side. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.



Rating: 
Format: Paperback
Recommend: Eh...it depends. 

This book has me stumped.
I absolutely adored Real, but Mine just didn't do it for me. 
Don't get me wrong, Remy was GREAT, the sex was good, but Brooke Dumas annoyed me to no end. 
I hate saying that about a female character, so I can assure you that I don't rag on them without rhyme or reason. I just hated how she turned into a total valley girl in this book. The plot line took a back seat to the constant drivel about how hot Remy is and how good of a fighter he is. Not to mention the fact that one minute she's totally in love with him and the next she's pissed off to no end and wants to physically harm him before being totally saturated in the panty department because her vagina just gushes constant lady juices for Remy no matter how pissed off she is.

Girl, chill out.

But wait, there's more.

Now this could be a MAJOR spoiler, so if you haven't read the book, then stop right here, because I'm fixing to do some serious nick picking over two of the MAJOR story lines in this novel. 

Seriously go away.
No I mean really.

Well, if you insist.

WHY DID SHE HAVE TO GET KNOCKED UP!? Why oh why. That right there shot the book down to four stars because get REAL. Brooke is supposed to be smart and she knows, GOD SHE KNOWS, that Remy is a handful and is hella complicated. So why have your main heroine get impregnated so soon in a series? Honestly, I don't feel like the baby story line was well thought out, and if anything, it took away from the original story that was Remy and Brooke.  
Also.
Where did the fucking video that was supposedly used to blackmail her sister come from?
I still have no idea how that shit got introduced into the story and quiet frankly I'm too damn lazy to go back and look.
Brooke, your sister is a bitch. The sooner you realize that and cut her out of your life, the less of a headache you'll have when she betrays you yet again.
Brooke doesn't care though.
Brooke just wants Remy and his infallible hotness.
Omg Remy I'm so hot for you.
OMG Remy take me now.
I'm yours.
You're mine.
 I'm yours.
You're mine.
Orgasms for everyone.
REPEAT FIVE HUNDRED TIMES and slap a THE END at the bottom of it.

I feel really bitchy writing a review that isn't praising how awesome this book is, but for $6.99, you better offer up something decent and this sequel completely missed the mark.

As for things that are GREAT about MINE.
Remy
God, Remy is so good. He's moody and complicated still, but he fucking loves him some Brooke Dumas.
Also the sex is AWESOME.
I could just read a whole book dedicated to Remy banging all of God's creatures and call it a day.

So do I recommend this book, yes and no.
No if you want an actual story.
Yes if you came to the party for some hot sex scenes.

-Bindi OUT- 



No comments:

Post a Comment