Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: Raw by Belle Aurora

***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***
Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am. Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street. Best decision I ever made. Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job. My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved. But the saying is true. The world makes way for those who know where they are going. That’s me. I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace. But then there’s him. I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me. He makes me feel. It’s unconventional. But it’s real. I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker. So am I. This isn’t a story. This is my life.

Amazon ✦ B&N  Itunes (NA)
Rating: 
Format: Ebook
Recommend: YES



Jesusmaryandjoseph

This book...
I don't even know how to describe what I'm feeling after finishing it.
This is my first read of 2014 and it's already on my BEST BOOKS of 2014 list.
WOW.
Just wow.

Belle Aurora has sent me on one of the craziest rides I've ever had the pleasure of being on!
When I first read the synopsis of Raw, I was all: Meh Stalker lover? I'm not sure about this.
I've been known to dabble in reads with Stockholm Syndrome as the main plot point, but this is a first for me in regards to the "I've fallen in love with my stalker and I can't give up" theme.

Raw is REAL.
It is gritty.
IT IS FRESH!
It is ridiculously sexy and downright scary at times.
I say scary because the emotions that were evoked out of me while I was reading this tale of love gone wrong was off the charts.
I was scared one minute, apprehensive the next, and getting those oh so awesome belly dips at the end.
Belly dips.
You know where you're reading one of THOSE scenes and you're tummy is all "Oh girl this shit is the BOMB!"
YES! Those little nuggets of sexual satisfaction are woven throughout this tale and omfg it's perfection.
It's a slow, yet kinky as fuck build up, and the release....GIRL the release is oh so evil but oh so good!

Our heroine, Alexa, has herself a stalker. She's cool as a cucumber about it though. Because while the hooded figure watches her daily and seems to have her schedule down to the T, he's never made a move to harm her and being that she's a case worker, she has a little bit of insight into the human psyche. I'm guessing Lexi figures that  as long as he keeps his distance than no harm no foul or something like that! Not what I'd recommend doing in a real life situation, BUT this is the fictional world yo! 
Anyways, after our girl Lexi finds herself in a pretty terrifying situation, the hooded figure who watches her  rescues Lexi from an assailant and finally introduces himself to the world as 'Twitch.' Of all the names this guy could have, I was NOT expecting the name Twitch to ever find it's way into this story, but it WORKS. God it works. Twitch is Alpha. Twitch is dark. Twitch is fucking disturbing, but through all of the dark ties that bind him, there is something inside of him that yearns to be loved. I just know it. I could feel it while reading his point of view and his character transformation through out the book is mind blowing. Seriously.

This book is special. It's special (to me) because it scratched an itch that I didn't realize I had. I've been chugging along for the past few months, reading some pretty good books, but RAW was a kickass way to kick off 2014. 

Buyer beware though, the ending is brutal. I didn't shed any tears, but I definitely had some feels over it and I'm hoping like crazy that there is a sequel. I NEED MORE TWITCH! THE WORLD NEEDS MORE TWITCH! 

So if you're ready to have your world rocked, pick up this book and give it a go. Belle you did a kickass job babe! I hope this book brings you a plethora of success! 

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment