Sunday, September 15, 2013

Review: Real by Katy Evans

A fallen boxer.

A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?





Rating: 
Format: Paperback
Amazon: Here
B&N: Here

Ok first off. This book (Real) is the biggest yet slowest cock tease I've ever read! Or would it be clit tease?
I spent the entire first half of the book just as frustrated as our main Heroine, Brooke, and when the magic finally happened....oh damn...it was worth it. 
ohhhh sooooo worth it.

Brooke Dumas has had her dream of being an Olympic medalist stolen away from her. 

With two ACL injuries in the bag, Brooke decides to pursue a career in sports rehabilitation and winds up getting a job offer from the 
delicious
delectable
alpha male to the millionth power
REMINGTON TATE 



 Oh Remy.
Remy Remy Remy
Our Hero is total man. A complicated, moody as hell man.
He's got a dark side that not many people can handle, but once you get into his head and really understand him...the man will blow you away. 
Remy communicates his feelings to Brooke by using music...
MUSIC
I will totally admit. I was skeptical of him in the beginning. There's heavy emphases on the color of his eyes and how they change through out the book and you know what they say...the eyes are the windows to the soul.
Remy has a secret.
And Brooke is the first person he openly admits it too because from the moment he saw her, he knew that she was
"his mate."
That's right, I said it, his mate.
GAH.
This book slowly worked me into a frenzy. 
It was torturous reading about how hot their connection was!
I literally fanned my self constantly during the first portion of the book.  
There's lots of biting.

 Licking. Lots of petting.

 The way Remy claims Brooke as his mate, is probably one of the hottest things I have ever read.
No joke.
I swooned.
And I swooned hard.

 *sigh*

Anyways, obviously there's going to be some drama, I mean this is New Adult fiction after all!
Remy is a fighter in an underground circuit after getting booting from the big leagues for fighting outside of the ring. 
He's good at what he does, and like most heroes, there's always going to be a villain who's trying to bring him down.
In this book, it's a vile, scorpion face tattooed  asshole. Scorpion first tries to get Remy kicked out of the ring by instigating a fight between Remy and his goons, but Brooke opens up a can of whoop ass and steers Remy out of a career ending scenario. 
Unfortunately that's just the first of many different run ins with the Scorpion. And when Brooke finds out that he has something that is near and dear to her heart...shit gets so much worse.

Remy's ups are up, and his downs are down.
So, so down. 
This is something Brooke has to learn to cope with and manage, while she falls in love with a man that has a disorder that she previously knew nothing about.
In the end she realizes that Remy is her REAL.
The man may have some demons, but he proves that he is willing to do anything, and I mean ANYthing for her.

I'm so stoked that there will be another two books in the Real, Raw, & Ripped series about Remy and Brooke.
Mine is the title of the next book, and from what I'm seeing, it's supposed to be out sometime in November.
I can't freaking wait!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment