Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: The Soul Mate by Madeline Sheehan

Trinity had an ordinary life. That is, until she barely escaped a worldwide apocalyptic plague that took her loved ones from her and transformed most of humanity into flesh-eating monsters.

Gerik, her savior, a six-foot-four-inch Scandinavian Gypsy, takes her back to his magically protected Gypsy camp where she discovers a whole new way of life that she never knew existed – as well as a whole new set of problems.

Gerik has power over her that she cannot begin to understand, and she is convinced he is using his magic on her. Through her journey of trying to understand her feelings and this new magic-filled life she’s been brought into, she begins an unlikely friendship that grows into having potential to be something more.

While the remaining humans are fighting for their survival, Trinity is fighting a battle of her very own – the right to choose her own destiny.
Is Gerik’s hold on her too strong? Or can new love set her free?


Rating: 
Format: eBook
Amazon: Here
B&N: Here

What can I say….other than: Holy fucking shit.
I’ve had this book on my kindle since MARCH. I kept telling myself that I would eventually get around to reading it, but the devil known as Amazon 1-click, buried it underneath all of the other shit that I thought that I HAD TO READ RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND, and here we are now.
In fucking September!
I’m ashamed to admit that it took a book discussion on the Wild Pussy facebook group, to get me to read this book. I wanted to participate, so naturally I busted out my ecopy of The Soul Mate, and planned it out to where I had four days to slowly read my through it and still be able to participate in the book discussion on Sept. 5.
Well…
I read it in one sitting.
Four glorious hours of gut wrenching, heart palpitating, angst fest galore was what I suffered through while reading this book.
Bow down to the Queen B aka Madeline Sheehan because this woman can do NO wrong!
I’m a HUGE fan of her Undeniable series, but I’m an even bigger fan of this series.
Who knew, I fucking loved gypsies?!
I sure as hell didn’t until the very.first.fucking.chapter.
Swear to God, I was like: “This bitch has did it again; I’m going to be ruined after reading this.”
And I was…or I should say I am, but I’m fixing to start book 2 of the Holy Trinity series, so my next fix is imminent.
Now what can I say about this book.
I loved the Greek mythology.
I love the Romani.
I loved Gerik.
 I’m still rooting for Gerik, even though he’s kind of fucked up looking now and has some serious emo issues. I suspect he’ll be listening to Jimmy Eat World and wearing his hair over one of his eyes…er horns?
And then there's Xan...
Xan is just over all kickass. He’s funny. He’s intense. And surprisingly he’s deep. I can honestly say that I want the Holy Trinity to be Gerik in the front and Xan in the back. That’s how much I like BOTH of these bastards.
Now on to our heroine: Trinity.
I was just as confused and upset as she was while reading the story from her view point. I hurt for her when Gerik betrayed her. I cheered for her when she found solace with Xan.
 I will openly admit that there were times that I thought she was acting a bit immature, but the truth is, she was kept in the dark about a lot of things, so home girl was allowed to have a few temper tantrums in between life altering events. 
By the end of this novel I was damn proud of our Heroine. She grew up a lot during the first book and I can't wait to see how she handles her newly gifted "powers" in the next book.
So with that said...I'm stoked for book 2 in the Holy Trinity series: My Soul to Take
and...
I totally want to be a gypsy in my next life.
Yup.
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment