Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Whiskey Lullaby by Dawn Martens & Emily Minton


Holy roller coaster Batman!

Whiskey Lullaby gets a solid four stars from La Casa de Gilvaja.
The first novel of the Love Song series starts us off with the sweet...hell maybe even too sweet now that I’m thinking about it…background of how Jules and Jase originally came to be.
I remember talking to my two best friends, Kristen and Bec, when he came up and told me we were going out.  Yes, he told me, I was going out with him that night. Since then, we’ve been inseparable.”
Sooooo while I’m reading this, I’m thinking to myself “
Oh okay this is going to be a light read with a touch of Alpha Male.”…WRONG.
By page three, my stomach was dropping and I was cursing myself for not truly reading the synopsis of the book and realizing that it was going to be Angst Fest (August 2013 edition) alllll up in this bitch!

PAGE THREE PEOPLE!

Hell, before I even made it out of the prolog, I wanted Jase’s balls on a silver platter and Bec (don’t EVEN get me started on that chick >.>) tarred and feathered. I didn’t think Jase had ANY redeeming qualities. 

Nope. None. Nada. Zip.

Jules didn’t need Jase. Jase was a pig and would never do right by her…

Of course I was wrong.
Whiskey Lullaby takes you through the trials and heartache that is Jules and Jase’s love story. There are many surprises and a lot of gasp worthy moments but I promise you that you will learn to look past Jase’s transgressions and root for him in the end.
I’d also like to take a moment to dedicate a small shout out to the Villain in the series. Let’s call him “The Big Bad.” Sometimes when I read a book I find myself hating villains while at the same time loving them. The perfect example of this would be Leah from the Love Me with Lies series. “The Big Bad” in this book isn’t present often, but when he is, it’s interesting to say the least. I pegged him as a mad hatter type. One minute bat shit crazy and the next totally level headed and cool.
I've been told that we’ll see him again in this series and I think I may be looking forward to that!
Just a little bit.

Ok maybe a lot LOL

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment